I did a brush letter piece and posted it to Insty whilst being a shut-in all day due to smoky skies and streets in Vancouver. When I woke up the next morning, I discovered it had been featured by Goodtype, an Instagram account featuring cool examples of type design. I will chalk this one up on my "feel so good" board!
I had a little fun with it in Photoshop - overlayed it on an image of the murky skies out my window. Even when hazy, there is a beauty to it all - our big sunball goes the coolest shade of coral red.
And a socially conscious reminder, only YOU can prevent forest fires (and mother nature because of that whole lightning phenomena). No campfires and be mindful of safely butting out your ciggies. The Vancouver water source is rather low for this time of year and it may be a tough summer.
Water Saving TIPS:
- Shorten your showers
- Flush only when necessary
- Don't let the water run when you brush your teeth
- Have a pitcher of cold water in the fridge instead of running the water cold
- Use energy efficient, appropriate load sizes for laundry
- Eat more vegetarian meals - Fun fact: A serving of poultry costs 90 Gallons of water to produce.
- For the greater good, let your lawn go brown - it's Vancouver, we get to experience green lawns all winter long!